Learning is extraordinarily important in life. When you want your child to become a stellar student or learner for life, ensure the learning experience is not just limited to classrooms. Although the skills they learn there – are crucial to their intellectual and social growth, your child needs your help to open up the world of ideas. Once they will feel the exhilaration of discovery this will boost their academic achievement too.
- Important Impact of Reading Create a reading environment, which helps your child to read, or by establishing a family read time so that children learn to read As they become motivated to read, demonstrate how important reading is to you by filling your home with printed materials like books, nonfiction magazines, literature both classic and modern as well as newspapers.
- Grow ideas Encourage them to express their ideas, views and opinions as also make choices about books. Discuss the current issues or ideas about current topics and to gain knowledge. Encourage your children to participate so that they may express their ideas, views and opinions. Mentor them in making favourable choices by considering alternatives as per your home’s value set.
- Your interest matters! Show enthusiasm for your child’s choice as also encourage them to explore new subjects. When they are interested in a particular subject motivate them to further explore and learn by fascinating them or challenge them with puzzles and facts to build more knowledge.
- Learn for knowledge Just scores and grades cannot be the whole meaning of learning. Encourage your child to learn for gaining knowledge and not just for scoring grade, whatever he learnt in school ask him to put the lessons in his own words so that he remind things easily.
- Learning through games Learn through different kinds of learning styles – from listening and visual learning to sorting and sequencing. Supplies that encourage open-ended play, such as blocks, will develop your child’s creative expression as well as problem-solving skills as they builds. They’ll need loads of unstructured play time to explore them. Through various learning apps your child may learn and explore new things. Try to be creative with household items like pots of different sizes to understand volume and ratio.
- Celebrate achievements Either big or small, celebrating achievements like by completing a book you may give a treat or by completing an assignment you allow an hour of play time. This will encourage your child to achieve it. By offering positive reinforcement you will inspire your child to keep learning as also to challenge them.
- Day-to-Day activities Turn these into Learning Opportunities! Encourage your child to learn from day-to-day events, explore the world happenings to make real-life connections.
Motivate your child to show enthusiasm for their subject interests. Guide them to make right choices, learn by various new ideas and techniques. Focus on known