Purple Turtle English Learning Centre
Do you want your child to learn English with award-winning learning content, top caliber teachers, cutting-edge resources and technology?
Purple Turtle English Graded Readers is a unique program devoted to teaching English language to pre-school & primary school children.
- Learn English with super fun stories, graded into three levels, to give kids the right amount of challenge at the right level
- Use Talking Pen, an engaging educational toy
- Materials prepared by world-class authors
- Texts evaluated and graded using world’s most trusted reading-level classification systems—ATOS and Lexile
- Purple Turtle & friends, the characters become kids’ best buddies who not only help your child learn English but also inculcate in them good values which will guide them to lead happy, productive, socially balanced lives.
Are you an English language teacher/ELT professional?
Open an English Learning Centre for children with internationally recognized, multiple-award winning Purple Turtle. You can can also update your existing language teaching programs with Purple Turtle Graded Readers Series as an independent course or supplementary material.
How It Works
The program has a strong focus on
- Building Language & Literacy Skills
- Enhancing Concentration
- Developing Healthy Reading Habits
- Improving Listening Skill & Pronunciation
Lexile is an algorithm that scores texts based on vocabulary and sentence length, determining which texts are suitable for students. For example, a book with 200 Lexile score means that Grade-1 students will be able to read it with minimal support.
ATOS is the formula which measures texts based on average sentence length, average word length in number of letters, word difficulty level, and total number of words to find books most appropriate for a child’s level. A book with “upto 1.5 ATOS” score is suitable for children from kindergarten/pre-primary to Grade 1.